Type: Temporary - 8 Month Term
Location: Summerside, PEI
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953 ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to Our Finance team and is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and progressive organization.
The Accountant role is a part of the Finance Team reporting directly to the Corporate Controller. This position will support accounting staff for all company locations. The position collaborates with the CFO, Controller, and finance team to ensure financial reporting is done on a timely basis and in compliance with Canada Revenue Agency requirements, accounting standards and external covenants.
- Day-to-day Accounting:
- Ensure that all financial records conform to a consistently high standard of quality and presentation.
- Prepare journal entries, A/P invoices, and staff expense claims for proper account coding.
- maintain the fixed assets accounting system.
- Maintenance of the general ledger by continual review and update.
- Ensure timely data entry and filing.
- Ensure the integrity and security of financial records.
- Ensure month-end reporting is submitted on a timely basis.
- Assist with the monthly close-off process.
- Prepare reconciliations for more complex general ledger accounts.
- Prepare month-end working papers.
- Ensure timely and complete analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Monthly filing of various HST and other statistical reports as required.
• Must have post-secondary education with a related field (Business Administration or Commerce)
• A professional accounting designation (CPA, formerly CA, CMA or CGA) is preferred.
• Minimum 2-5 years of relevant work experience with strong conceptual knowledge is required.
• Experience working in a food manufacturing environment considered an asset.
• Good decision-making and problem-solving capabilities.
• Strong analytical skills and process-driven.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to take on new challenges
• Strong computer skills – proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint;
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department
Competition ends May 29, 2020 at 4pm
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:May 29, 2020 4:00pm