Location: Summerside, PE
The primary role of the Heavy Laborer is to assist in the manufacturing of or packaging of cheese to the required specifications.
Wage rate: From $21.59/hour
- Safe and efficient operation of production equipment.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in detail without deviation.
- Follow all established GMP’s and Food Safety Requirements.
- Follow all established occupational health and safety procedures.
- Cross-training for several departments.
- Accurately and neatly complete production records and documents.
- Work collaboratively with co-workers and other department personnel.
- Other related duties as required.
- Previous experience in a HACCP certified food production setting is preferred.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment which includes but not limited to noise, changing temperatures, standing/walking/bending/stooping/climbing stairs, maneuvering round manufacturing equipment constantly throughout the shift.
- Experience working with chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment and following approved chemical handling procedures would be an asset.
- Physical lifting up to 70-lbs frequently throughout the shift.
- Shift flexibility. This is a 24/7 manufacturing facility. Shift lengths up to 12 hours per day. These shifts can be days and overnights and also include working weekends and holidays
Education and Training:
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
How to apply:
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the
Human Resources Department
Job Expires:March 31, 2023 4:00pm