Accounts Receivable Clerk
Location: Summerside, PE - ADL Foods
Accounts Receivable (AR) Clerk – Full Time
Amalgamated Dairies Limited – Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors in PEI, with markets across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to our Finance team, which is an exciting opportunity to join our growing and progressive organization.
Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Manager, the Accounts Receivable (AR) Clerk is responsible for posting accounts receivable payments and reconciling daily cash/cheque payments. Duties include maintaining ledgers and credit balances and resolving inventory credit issues. The AR Clerk will also administer claims, refunds, adjustments, and other accounting transactions related to AR management. This position involves diplomatic interaction with customers to provide billing information and a focus on collections to facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the organization.
Location: ADL Foods, Reads Corner, Summerside, PE
Wage rate: $19.55 – $21.28/hour
It includes a comprehensive benefits package including a co‐pay health and dental benefits plan, life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and a matching pension program.
- Collaborate with the AR team to maintain collection goals and general AR performance levels.
- Receive and fill out receipts for third-party payments, whether by cash, cheque, credit, online or other forms of payments.
- Process credit card payments and weekly pre-authorized debit payments
- Prepare daily bank deposits
- Balance the ADL Store and Foodservices payments daily
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply corrections to corporate billing records
- Investigate and resolve any billing or invoicing discrepancies, collection issues, or misapplied cash transactions
- Set up new customers’ accounts and maintain customer records regarding payment account statuses to ensure funds are collected promptly
- Prepare and distribute income reports and statistics for internal use
- Generate monthly statements for customers, including applicable interest charges
- Conduct data entry, review and prepare invoices, send bill reminders, fill paperwork, and contact clients to discuss their accounts
- Considerable experience in Accounts Receivable role is required
- Proficiency in MS Office programs with intermediate Excel skills preferred
- Experience and proficiency with ERPs would be an asset
- Must be organized, with strong attention to detail, show good judgment, and possess good customer service skills
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and efficiently to ensure objectives are met
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, Business, or equivalent would be an asset but not required
Interested candidates should submit their application to the Human Resources Department by sending their resumes at:
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we greatly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:August 9, 2023 4:00pm