Accounts Receivable Manager
Location: Summerside, PE / Charlottetown, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited – Summerside / Charlottetown, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors in PEI, with markets across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to our Finance team, which is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and progressive organization.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Accounts Receivable Manager makes an impact by being responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of all A/R collections and driving process improvements across the A/R function. The Accounts Receivable Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations and strategic goals of the accounts receivable cycle through management, maintenance, implementation, and design of Accounts Receivable procedures and functions.
Location: To be determined – Consideration given to candidate’s current home location
Salary: Starting salary for this position is $50,000. The range for this position is based on knowledge, skills, and experience of the successful candidate. It includes a comprehensive benefits package including a co‐pay health and dental benefits plan, life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and a matching pension program.
- Manage collections from National Retail Accounts to ensure terms are met by posting cash receipts, adjustments, and deductions in the most efficient and timely manner possible. As necessary, submit claims on invoices/deductions taken.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable records to ensure credits and collections are applied, uncollectible amounts are accounted for, and miscellaneous differences are cleared.
- Ensure accurate and timely EDI transmissions to customers.
- Investigate and resolve any account irregularities and discrepancies; and follow up where needed.
- Perform credit checks on prospective customers, monitor credit limits, estimate the bad debt provision, and provide sales and finance with credit risk assessments to enable business decisions.
- Monitor any fines or penalties incurred on National Retail Accounts and file claims where applicable. Coordinate with other departments on obtaining necessary documentation.
- Provide direction and guidance to the A/R team in support of timely customer invoice processing, payment application, adjustments/disputes, and collections.
- Lead weekly meetings for the accounts receivable team.
- Analyze AR aging, identify the root cause of overdue items, and take the initiative to improve the current system to mitigate outstanding invoices and assess potential doubtful accounts.
- Design, lead, and implement various projects, including process improvements, performance dashboard tools, reports, templates, and SOPs.
- Identify areas for increased efficiencies, including using technology to streamline Account Receivable processes.
- Provide statistical analysis and financial reporting of accounts receivable activity.
- Perform special projects, ad-hoc reporting, and analysis as needed
- Keep records of invoices, deposits, and all correspondence regarding payment collection.
- Considerable experience in an Accounts Receivable role
- Considerable supervisory experience is an asset.
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel and other data reporting / business analytical tools
- Experience analyzing financial information, tracking, and reporting key metrics
- A forward-thinking approach and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration is preferred
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Competition ends November 3, 2022 at 4pm
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:November 3, 2022 4:00pm