Assistant Filler Operator – ADL St.Eleanors
Type: Full Time
Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953 ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to our Production Team with this position being an exciting opportunity to join our growing, dynamic and progressive organization.
The primary role of the Assistant Filler Operator is to supply jugs/cartons for the filler, as well as empty cases for completed product. In addition, this position is responsible for the operation of the labeler
- Retrieve labels required for the day’s production:
- Retrieve empty cases for the production room;
- Set up Labeler
- Retrieve Jugs/Cartons:
- Operate Jug Machine. Required to put jugs on conveyor belt to receive label and to be filled.
- Clean Responsibilities include but not limited to; move excess labels back to dry storage; clean label machine, floor, walls; clean all areas of equipment;
- Complete all required paperwork in a neat, accurate and timely manner, in ink.
- Perform start up visual inspection (ensure equipment, floors, ceilings, and overhead structures are clean and maintained to prevent contamination).
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner according to all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as required
- Successfully complete all training programs as required by the company.
- Previous experience in a HACCP certified food production setting is preferred.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment which includes but not limited to noise, changing temperatures, standing/walking/bending/stooping/, maneuvering round manufacturing equipment constantly throughout the shift.
- Experience working with chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment and following approved chemical handling procedures would be an asset.
- Physical lifting up to 50-lbs frequently throughout the shift.
- Shift lengths up to 12 hours per day. These shifts include working weekends and holidays
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the
Human Resources Department by 3:00 pm, Friday, July 14, 2021.
Job Expires:July 14, 2021 3:00pm