Assistant Production Manager
Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to its Fluid Milk Production Team and has an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organization.
The person in this position will assist the Production Manager with overseeing ADL St. Eleanor’s Fluid Milk Plant’s production. The position will work with the production team in batch processing, confirming recipes and procedures are followed and ensuring compliance with CFIA, BRC and HACCP regulations, as well as the ADL Quality standards. This position also offers relief to the Production Manager as required.
- Coordinate leave requests and other scheduling changes as per the Collective Agreement.
- Ensure crews follow all ADL Quality Assurance policies including Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP’s).
- Work with the Quality Assurance Team in meeting CFIA and BRC requirements.
- Maintain a full understanding and working knowledge of safety policies and procedures, ensuring that all crew members adhere to them at all times.
- Ensure the appropriate safety equipment is worn and procedures are followed at all times.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner according to all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Perform start up visual inspection.
- In conjunction with Senior Management, help determine inventory levels and product production schedules.
- Maintain inventory production supplies and materials.
- Work with Maintenance and Quality Assurance to ensure compliance with equipment maintenance programs and Quality Assurance production procedures.
- Must successfully complete all training programs as required by ADL.
- Must complete all required paperwork in a neat, accurate and timely manner.
- Milk processing experience would be considered an asset.
- Previous supervisory experience would be considered an asset.
- Milk Graders Certification would be considered an asset.
- Must have working knowledge of manufacturing operations (i.e. SOP & HACCP/Quality Assurance and CFIA Regulations).
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience in dealing with Regulatory or 3rd party Food Safety Auditors would be an asset.
- Proven analytical and organizational skills.
Interested candidates must submit their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Competition ends Friday, July 17, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:July 17, 2020 4:00pm