Bulk Milk Driver
Location: Across the Island
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. ADL is pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to join a growing, dynamic and progressive organization.
The Bulk Milk Driver drives an insulated tank truck to transport bulk milk between farms, dairies, and commercial establishments.
- Pick up, transport and deliver bulk milk.
- Sample raw milk for quality purposes and collect samples for laboratory analysis.
- Record amount of milk picked up and/or delivered.
- Monitor level of tank and adhere to all weight requirements and transportation regulations.
- Maintain exterior of truck and interior of cab.
- Clean and sterilize tank as per Quality Control requirements.
- Oversee preventive maintenance of truck and tank, and report any operating issues.
- Must hold a valid, Class 1A driver’s license and demonstrate ability to safely operate a vehicle (road testing will be part of the interview process).
- Minimum of two years commercial truck driving experience, with a preference for hauling tankers.
- A copy of your driver’s license and a current driver’s abstract MUST be submitted with your resume at the time of application.
- Must be willing and able to successfully complete all work-related courses and/or training and apply the learned knowledge and principles day to day.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the position.
- Must be able and willing to complete all required paperwork.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner according to all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Preference given to those who hold a Milk Grader’s Certificate.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department by 3:00 pm, February 19, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Expires:February 19, 2020 3:00pm