Bulk Milk Driver
Type: Full Time
Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-op with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. These plants process over 110 million litres of fresh quality island milk each year and employ over 250 staff. Our quality dairy products are found in kitchens and restaurants across PEI and Canada. ADL also provides dairy products to markets in the US, Asia and the Caribbean. The ADL brand name is one of the most recognizable on PEI. However, the majority of our products are found under retail labels or other commercial brands.
Bulk Milk Drivers drive insulated tank trucks to transport bulk milk between farms, dairies, and commercial establishments.
- Pick up, transportation and delivery of bulk milk.
- Sample raw milk for quality purposes and collect samples for lab analysis.
- Record amount of milk picked up and/or delivered.
- Monitor level of tank and adhere to all weight requirements and transportation regulations.
- Maintain exterior of truck and interior of cab.
- Clean and sterilize tank as per quality control requirements.
- Oversee preventative maintenance of truck and tank, and reports any operating issues.
- Minimum of two years commercial truck driving experience, with a preference for hauling tankers.
- A copy of your driver’s license and a current driver’s abstract MUST be submitted with your resume at the time of application.
- Must be willing and able to successfully complete all work related courses and/or training and apply the learned knowledge and principles day to day.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the position.
- Must be able to and willing to complete all required paperwork.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner according to all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must hold a valid, Class 1A driver’s license and demonstrated ability to safely operate vehicles (road testing will be part of the interview process).
- Preference given to those who hold a Milk Graders Certificate.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm, Tuesday, July 3, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Expires:July 3, 2018 4:00pm