Continuous Improvement Student Placement
Type: Full-time / Temporary
Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. ADL is pleased to offer an exciting Student opportunity within our dynamic and progressive organization.
Duration: 15 weeks
We are currently seeking an energetic and collaborative individual to join our Team as a Continuous Improvement Student assisting with business improvement initiatives using analytics, Lean and Change Management Methodologies to help drive continuous improvement.
- Organize and align processes within ADL processing plants including process framework, production process flow and work instructions.
- Communicate clear and concise analytical findings, including presentations, discussions, and visualization.
- Assist with data preparation, validation, reconciliation of processing data, output metrics and inventory data.
- Provide support as a data and/or analytic resource for productions teams.
- Collaborate closely with Project Leaders and provide support making data-based decisions.
- Must be registered at a publicly funded Canadian Post-Secondary Educational Institution in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) or Business program during the placement period.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Self-starter, attention to detail, punctual, consistent, and flexible to changing tasks.
- Willingness to learn new concepts and business improvement methodologies.
- Goal oriented, demonstrate initiative, and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and evidence based decision-making abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with excellent typing abilities.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department at
email@example.com by 4:00 pm, March 16, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Expires:March 16, 2021 4:00pm