Location: Summerside, PEI
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953 ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to our finance team and the Corporate Controller position is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, dynamic and progressive organization.
The Corporate Controller is the senior member of the Finance Team reporting directly to the CFO. This position will provide leadership to accounting staff at all company locations. The position collaborates with senior management and finance team to ensure financial reporting is done on a timely basis and in compliance with Canadian Revenue Agency requirements, Accounting Standards and external covenants.
As part of the Senior management team, the Corporate Controller evaluates and consults with other managers. This position’s special area of interest is providing financial and accounting reports to properly evaluate company’s performance relative to the operating plan.
In addition to providing internal accounting reports, the Corporate Controller is also responsible for reporting the financial results of operations to the CFO and other stakeholders. The Corporate Controller makes sure that the company’s accounting system provides the necessary information for the preparation of all tax returns. Audited financial reports and tax returns are usually prepared in consultation with a public accountant.
Other duties typically include protecting the company’s assets through internal controls, policies, procedures and auditing functions. In addition, the controller will advise on regulatory oversight, information system requirements, strategic planning and capital spending.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, and business planning.
- Experience with coaching and development of management-level employees.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence and attention to detail, delivering accurate information and balanced analysis in a consistent and timely manner.
- Proven effective decision-making, problem-solving capabilities along with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and accounting based software
- Must have a post-secondary degree in a related field (business administration or commerce) and a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA or CGA) is required
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in a senior accounting role in a corporate environment
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment would be considered an asset.
Interested candidates should click here -> Apply Now to begin the application process.
Competition ends at 4 pm, November 8, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:November 8, 2019 4:00pm