Director of Business Development
Type: Full Time
Location: Summerside, PE
Director of Business Development
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned, independent co-operative that operates dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. For 65 years, we have processed fresh milk from PEI farms to produce premium dairy products including milk, cheese, cream, butter and ice cream. Our quality dairy products are found in kitchens and restaurants across PEI and Canada. In addition, ADL produces dairy products for markets in the US, Asia and the Caribbean.
ADL is committed to the growth of the dairy industry in PEI, supporting co-operative values and developing our dairy business operations. To meet this commitment, a strong team needs to be in place. We are looking for an exceptional person to join the ADL Team.
The Director of Business Development is a member of the Senior Management Team reporting to the CEO and will act as a resource, reporting to ADL Board of Directors when required. This position will provide advice, guidance and support regarding current and future business opportunities resulting from the strategic partnerships and alliances ADL has built with its partners and customers. This position exists in a matrixed environment, working closely with the Corporate Sales Team, Operations and Corporate Finance, providing essential industry and strategic insights related to the Dairy Production Planning, Milk Volume Forecasting and Corporate Dairy Product Management.
- Identify and develop a consistent flow of prospective opportunities by understanding the dairy industry, food processing, consumer needs, emerging technologies and dairy market dynamics.
- Coordinate, prepare and present proposals and business plans targeting newly recognized business opportunities.
- Review potential business opportunities by analyzing market strategies, economic potential and risk in order to determine “best fit” going forward.
- Update the Board of Directors on a monthly basis on any relevant elements of ADL’s Business Development activities.
Strategy and Operational Support
- Collaborate with Senior Management in the strategic planning for major business ventures, assisting with defining priorities, develop implementation plans, formulate policy and measures for success of ADL’s strategic plan initiatives.
- Responsible for supporting, anticipating and managing both short and long-term business objectives in relation to ADL’s specific production strategies and performance objectives.
- Support the Senior Management Team in the implementation of key programs and/or initiatives.
- Establish and develop strong relationships at all levels across the organization to support the effective execution of new business initiatives.
Relationships and Leadership
- Provide leadership and support to the Corporate Sales and Food Service Sales Teams in defining sales and forecasting objectives.
- Identify, support and track key issues relating to sales and financial impacts to ADL operations.
- Work with staff to continually develop and improve upon service, product and processes.
Financial and Metrics
- Advise and collaborate with Senior Management on all aspects of product costing and source calculation strategies for pricing related to corporate dairy products, customer accounts and dairy product lines.
- Establish volume and margin targets for dairy product lines, customers and facilities.
- Develop reporting on sales, milk utilization, new business products and processes for the Board of Directors and Senior Management.
- Provide leadership and training on new lines of business and services to management and staff.
- Coordinate and prepare applications for Federal, Provincial and Regional funding programs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with strategic partners, key accounts, suppliers and industry stakeholders.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, advocate for and work closely with industry participants to establish dairy policy to ensure the continued strength of the dairy industry in the province.
- Work alongside industry stakeholders to communicate, lobby and promote ADL to all levels of local, provincial and federal government.
- Work alongside industry stakeholders to communicate and lobby the provincial and federal governments on the needs of the PEI – Canadian Dairy Industry in the areas of domestic and international trade agreements.
- Participate in local, regional and national forums to promote the Canadian Dairy and Food Processing sector.
- Extensive business development experience in a manufacturing and production setting.
- Experience in the area of strategy and financial modeling.
- Experience in providing strategic insight and advice to senior executives.
- Experience in the preparation of high quality strategic and business proposals.
- Must be highly organized with a proven ability to manage critical and complex projects across many different product lines with varying levels of urgency, sensitivity and importance.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including but not limited to, collaboration, facilitating consensus, resolution management including managing complex and sensitive issues.
- Proven ability to analyze data, develop key insights & provide business recommendations.
- Previous experience using the Microsoft suite of programs to synthesize data, information and ideas into presentations and reports.
- Successful completion of a relevant university degree including but not limited to Business Administration, Economics, Finance/Accounting.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department by 5:00 pm, Friday June 1, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:June 1, 2018 5:00pm