Type: Full Time
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-op with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. These plants process over 110 million litres of fresh quality island milk each year and employ over 250 staff. Our quality dairy products are found in kitchens and restaurants across PEI and Canada. ADL also provides dairy products to markets in the US, Asia and the Caribbean. The ADL brand name is one of the most recognizable on PEI. However, the majority of our products are found under retail labels or other commercial brands.
The primary role of the Driver Helper/Salesman is to assist with loading, unloading and delivering products to our valued customers.
Driver Helper position:
- Assist Driver/Salesman by performing any combination of the following tasks: load and unload vehicle by hand or by use of a hand truck or dolly.
- Assist driver to position truck into a safe parking position.
- Assist driver delivering and merchandising product.
Driver Salesman position:
- Perform truck safety inspection at beginning of shift.
- Load truck for delivery and ensure product is safe for transport.
- Deliver to several customer locations.
- Deliver appropriate products/amount to businesses. Merchandise products on store shelves and remove out of date product.
- Prepare invoices and credit memos when applicable and have invoice signed/collect payment.
- Promote new product lines and look for business opportunities.
- Unload truck at the end of the route.
- Complete daily paperwork and upload handheld unit.
- Balance inventory and cash each shift and forward to office for processing.
- Other related duties as required.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Customer service experience.
- Good writing and communication skills required.
- Computer skills required.
- Class 3A driver’s license would be considered an asset.
- Previous delivery experience.
- Must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the position.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm, Friday, September 7, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Human Resources Department
Job Expires:September 7, 2018 4:00pm