Type: Temporary Full-time
Location: Charlottetown, PE - ADL West Royalty
Driver Helper – Temporary Full-time Position
Amalgamated Dairies Limited – Charlottetown, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned, independent cooperative that operates dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. For 70 years, we have processed fresh milk from PEI farms to produce premium dairy products, including milk, cheese, cream, butter, and ice cream. Our quality dairy products are in kitchens and restaurants across PEI and Canada.
Join Our Team!
We are currently seeking for dedicated Driver Helpers to join our team at the West Royalty, Charlottetown location. This is a temporary position until the beginning of next year, with the possibility of re-hiring for the summer of next year if the candidate proves to be a good fit.
This role involves accompanying the driver to ensure the truck is well-maintained and meets other necessary requirements during the journey. Additionally, the Driver’s Helper will be responsible for assisting in loading the truck and ensuring the timely delivery of our products to our esteemed customers.
Wage Rate: $18.00 / hour
- Assists the Truck Driver by performing any combination of the following tasks: loads and unloads vehicles by hand or by using a hand truck or dolly.
- Stacks and secures items in position on the truck to prevent damage during shipment.
- Assists the driver in positioning the truck and trailer into a safe parking position.
- Organizes and maximizes the use of space in the truck.
- Delivers and stacks products on the customer’s premises.
- Interacts with customers during deliveries.
- Performs tasks in multi-temperature environments.
- Demonstrated ability to handle heavy objects and perform physically demanding tasks effectively.
- Proficiency in stacking and securing items for safe transportation
- Effective organization and utilization of space within the truck
- Strong interpersonal abilities for positive interactions with customers
- Comfort working in various temperature environments.
- Collaboration with the Truck Driver and other team members as needed.
- Knowledge of and commitment to safety protocols and regulations
- Efficiently managing time to ensure timely deliveries.
- Clear and effective communication, especially when dealing with customers.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Competition ends October 17, 2023, at 4:00PM
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:October 17, 2023 4:00pm