Type: Permanent / Full-time
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Driver Sales – Permanent/Full-time Position,
ADL West Royalty – Charlottetown, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned, independent cooperative that operates dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. For 70 years, we have processed fresh milk from PEI farms to produce premium dairy products, including milk, cheese, cream, butter, and ice cream. Our quality dairy products are in kitchens and restaurants across PEI and Canada. The company is looking to strengthen its Transportation/Sales team and has an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organization.
The primary role of the Driver/Sales is to deliver and sell ADL products to business customers.
Wage Rate: $150.42 to $167.13 per day, plus commission based on route. This package includes comprehensive benefits such as:
- Co-pay health and dental benefits plan
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matching pension program
- Perform truck safety inspection at beginning of shift.
- Load truck for delivery and ensure product is safe for transport.
- Deliver to specified customer locations within geographic area.
- Deliver appropriate products/amount to businesses. Merchandise products on store shelves and remove out of date product.
- Prepare invoices and credits memos when applicable and have invoice signed/collect payment.
- Promote new product lines and look for business opportunities.
- Unload truck at the end of the route.
- Complete daily paperwork and upload handheld unit.
- Balance inventory and cash each shift and forward to office for processing.
- Other related duties as required.
- Must have held a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 9 years.
- Experience with driving a delivery truck or van would be considered an asset.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Class 3 or Class 1A driver’s license preferred.
- Customer service experience required.
- Previous delivery experience required.
- Good writing and communication skills required.
- Computer skills required.
- Must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the position.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and driver’s abstract dated within the last 30 days to the Human Resources Department.
Competition ends Monday, October 13, 2023, at 4:00PM
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:October 13, 2023 4:00pm