Driver/Salesman (Term Position April – October 2019)
Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-op with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. These plants process over 110 million litres of fresh quality island milk each year and employ over 275 staff. Our quality dairy products are found in kitchens and restaurants across PEI and Canada. ADL also provides dairy products to markets in the US, Asia and the Caribbean. The ADL brand name is one of the most recognizable on PEI. However, the majority of our products are found under retail labels or other commercial brands.
The primary role of the Driver/Salesman is to deliver and sell ADL products to business customers.
- Perform truck safety inspection at beginning of shift.
- Load truck for delivery and ensure product is safe for transport.
- Deliver to specified customer locations within geographic area.
- Deliver appropriate products/amount to businesses.
- Merchandise products on store shelves and remove out of date product.
- Prepare invoice and credit memo when applicable and have invoice signed/collect payment.
- Promote new product lines and look for business opportunities.
- Unload truck at the end of the route.
- Complete daily paperwork and upload handheld unit.
- Balance inventory and cash each shift and forward to office for processing.
- Other related duties as required.
- 2 years of commercial truck driving experience is preferred.
- Customer service experience.
- Good writing and communication skills required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the position.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Class 1A driver’s license preferred.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm, Friday, March 22, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Human Resources Department
Job Expires:March 22, 2019 4:00pm