Type: Permanent / Full-time
Location: ADL Fitzroy St. Charlottetown, PEI
Reports to: Milk Plant Production Manager
Wage rate: $22.57/hour
Job Summary: The primary role of the Evaporator Operator is to process milk according to required specifications.
- Operate MVR evaporator, Blaw Knox evaporator, and heat exchanger for homo/separator.
- Clean Silos, tanks, homo separator lines, Blaw Knox evaporator, GEA evaporator, tanker bay lines, and tanker trucks.
- Check and approve wash charts on the ADI system.
- Inspect inside silos, tanks, and tanker trucks when done washing and record findings on the ADI system.
- Complete all required paperwork in a neat, accurate, and timely manner.
- Perform start-up visual inspection (ensure equipment, floors, ceilings, and overhead structures are clean and maintained to prevent contamination).
- Perform all duties safely and efficiently according to relevant regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Manage processing operations by analyzing, interpreting, and responding to information displayed on gauges and computer control panels.
- Other related duties as required.
- Previous experience in a food production setting is preferred.
- Must have the ability to work independently under minimal supervision or as part of a team.
- Must have experience in recognizing equipment problems and working with the Maintenance department to ensure an effective maintenance program is followed and completed.
- Must be dependable.
- Good writing and commination skills are required.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- A high degree of mechanical aptitude would be considered an asset.
Education and Training:
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Thermal Processing Certification would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of HACCP and GMP would be considered an asset.
How to apply:
We thank all applicants for their interest.
However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the
HR Department by 4:00 pm, Wednesday, June 22, 2022.
Job Expires:June 22, 2022 4:00pm