Type: Permanent / Full-time
Location: ADL Fitzroy St. Charlottetown, PEI
Reports to: Milk Plant Production Manager
Wage rate: $22.57/hour
Job Summary: The primary role of the Evaporator Operator is to process milk according to required specifications.
- Operate MVR evaporator, Blaw Knox evaporator, and heat exchanger for homo/separator.
- Clean Silos, tanks, homo separator lines, Blaw Knox evaporator, GEA evaporator, tanker bay lines, and tanker trucks.
- Check and approve wash charts on the ADI system.
- Inspect inside silos, tanks, and tanker trucks when done washing and record findings on the ADI system.
- Complete all required paperwork in a neat, accurate, and timely manner.
- Perform start-up visual inspection (ensure equipment, floors, ceilings, and overhead structures are clean and maintained to prevent contamination).
- Perform all duties safely and efficiently according to relevant regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Manage processing operations by analyzing, interpreting, and responding to information displayed on gauges and computer control panels.
- Other related duties as required.
- Previous experience in a food production setting is preferred.
- Must have the ability to work independently under minimal supervision or as part of a team.
- Must have experience in recognizing equipment problems and working with the Maintenance department to ensure an effective maintenance program is followed and completed.
- Must be dependable.
- Good writing and commination skills are required.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- A high degree of mechanical aptitude would be considered an asset.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Thermal Processing Certification would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of HACCP and GMP would be considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the
HR Department by 4:00 pm, Wednesday, June 22, 2022.
Job Expires:June 22, 2022 4:00pm