Type: Full Time
Location: Charlottetown, PE
The primary role of the Evaporator Operator
is to process milk according to required specifications.
- Responsible to operate MVR evaporator, Blaw Knox evaporator, heat exchanger for homo/separator.
- Responsible to clean/wash Silos, tanks, homo separator lines, Blaw Knox evaporator, GEA evaporator, tanker bay lines, tanker trucks.
- Responsible to check and approve wash charts on ADI system.
- Responsible to visually inspect inside silos, tanks, tanker trucks when wash is done and record findings on ADI system.
- Responsible to complete all required paperwork in a neat, accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible to perform start up visual inspection (ensure equipment, floors, ceilings, and overhead structures are clean and maintained to prevent contamination).
- Responsible to perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner according to all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Responsible to manage processing operations by analyzing, interpreting and responding to information displayed on gauges and computer control panels.
- Other related duties as required.
- Previous experience in a food production setting is preferred.
- Must have an ability to work independently under minimal supervision or as part of a team.
- Must have experience in recognizing equipment problems and be able to work with the Maintenance department to ensure an effective maintenance program is followed and completed.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Good writing and commination skills required.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- A high degree of mechanical aptitude would be considered an asset.
- A working knowledge of HACCP and GMP will be considered and asset.
- Preference will be given to applicants who possess Thermal Processing Certification.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Human Resources Department –
Job Expires:April 20, 2018 4:00pm