Type: Full Time
Location: Charlottetown, PE
The primary role of the Evaporator Operator
is to process milk according to required specifications.
- Responsible to operate MVR evaporator, Blaw Knox evaporator, heat exchanger for homo/separator.
- Responsible to clean/wash Silos, tanks, homo separator lines, Blaw Knox evaporator, GEA evaporator, tanker bay lines, tanker trucks.
- Responsible to check and approve wash charts on ADI system.
- Responsible to visually inspect inside silos, tanks, tanker trucks when wash is done and record findings on ADI system.
- Responsible to complete all required paperwork in a neat, accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible to perform start up visual inspection (ensure equipment, floors, ceilings, and overhead structures are clean and maintained to prevent contamination).
- Responsible to perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner according to all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Responsible to manage processing operations by analyzing, interpreting and responding to information displayed on gauges and computer control panels.
- Other related duties as required.
- Previous experience in a food production setting is preferred.
- Must have an ability to work independently under minimal supervision or as part of a team.
- Must have experience in recognizing equipment problems and be able to work with the Maintenance department to ensure an effective maintenance program is followed and completed.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Good writing and commination skills required.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- A high degree of mechanical aptitude would be considered an asset.
- A working knowledge of HACCP and GMP will be considered and asset.
Education and Training:
- Preference will be given to applicants who possess Thermal Processing Certification.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Human Resources Department –
Job Expires:April 20, 2018 4:00pm