Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. These plants process over 120 million litres of fresh quality island milk each year and employ over 300 staff. Our quality dairy products are found in kitchens and restaurants across PEI and Canada. ADL also provides dairy products to markets in the US, Asia and the Caribbean. The ADL brand name is one of the most recognizable on PEI. However, the majority of our products are found under retail labels or other commercial brands.
The Financial Analyst is a member of the Finance Team reporting directly to the Corporate Treasurer/CFO. This position provides the organization leadership in financial planning along with developing and defining business intelligence systems. The position is a matrix role, working with senior management, the finance team and company departments.
Business Planning: The Financial Analyst is responsible for defining business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders. The Financial Analyst is expected to help develop and implement business process models to help the company grow. The position provides insight into the business’ needs and helps align capital and resource allocation within the existing budget. The position also drives fresh initiatives for financial planning and business intelligence systems.
Information Technology: The Financial Analyst is responsible for ensuring appropriate business processes, resources and information systems are in place to meet financial and operational reporting needs. The successful candidate ensures that the company’s accounting system provides the necessary information for senior management and measurement of the company’s performance. The Financial Analyst is a key resource on information technology and operational projects.
Enterprise Resource Planning: As part of the management team, the Financial Analyst evaluates and consults with other managers. The Financial Analyst understands the operational objectives of the company and ensures financial reporting is supportive of these objectives. This position is a key resource to the Senior Management Team ensuring proper systems are in place and effective reporting is communicated to appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to staff.
- Assist in timely and accurate monthly financial statements.
- Assist in the review of internal business processes, internal controls, financial policies and procedures.
- Prioritize requirements from various stakeholders.
- Work with key staff to document system scenarios and create process maps for workflow.
- Communicate, translate, and simplify business requirements to ensure clarity to all stakeholders.
- Assess change-proposals and define solutions to help the organization achieve its goals.
- Prepare project plans for management containing scope, stakeholder analysis, resource meter and cost estimates if applicable.
- Identify process improvements and integrate new applications.
- Experience with (ERP – WMS systems) Enterprise Resource Planning.
- Proven experience in adopting, implementing and maintaining financial IT based systems is preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment considered an asset.
- Proven effective decision-making, problem-solving capabilities along with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and willing to take on new challenges.
- Proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and accounting based software.
- Must have post-secondary education with an accounting designation (CPA).
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department
by 3:00 pm, October 11, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Expires:October 11, 2019 3:00pm