Heavy Labourer Position
Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. ADL is pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to join a growing, dynamic and progressive organization.
The primary role of the Heavy Labourer is to assist in the manufacturing of or packaging of cheese to the required specifications.
- Safe and efficient operation of production equipment.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in detail without deviation.
- Follow all established GMP’s and Food Safety Requirements.
- Follow all established occupational health and safety procedures.
- Cross-training for several departments.
- Accurately and neatly complete production records and documents.
- Work collaboratively with co-workers and other department personnel.
- Other related duties as required.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment which includes but not limited to: noise, changing temperatures, standing/walking/bending/stooping/climbing stairs, maneuvering round manufacturing equipment consistently throughout the shift.
- Experience working with chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment and following approved chemical handling procedures would be an asset.
- Physical lifting up to 50-lbs frequently throughout the shift.
- Shift flexibility. This is a 24/7 manufacturing facility. Shift lengths up to 12 hours per day. These shifts can be days, evenings, or nights and also include working weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Previous experience in a HACCP certified food production setting is preferred.
Interested candidates should apply by 4:00 pm, Thursday, September 17, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Expires:September 17, 2020 4:00pm