Location: Summerside, PEI
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. ADL is pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to join a growing, dynamic and progressive organization.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Industrial Mechanic’s primary role is to help maintain all dairy related equipment, i.e., processing, packaging, and material handling equipment in good working order.
The Position’s work week runs from Monday to Friday, with standard 8-hour day shifts. As this position works days, the Industrial Mechanic will be responsible for off duty calls (will carry company pager) on a rotating basis, once every five (5) weeks.
- Work collaboratively with Quality Assurance to ensure Food Safety Compliance.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Conduct all work in accordance with company policies, quality procedures, Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP) and customer specifications as well as industry regulations.
- Trouble shooting, preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Work closely with shift managers and supervisors as required to address maintenance issues or needs.
- A minimum of five (5) years industrial Mechanic or over ten (10) years experience working in a maintenance role in the manufacturing setting is required.
- Familiarity with industrial installations, troubleshooting and mechanical repairs.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Previous maintenance experience in a HACCP/BRC certified food or beverage processing environment would be considered an asset.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition ends February 3, 2020 at 3:00 pm
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:February 6, 2020 3:00pm