Type: Full Time
Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-op with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. These plants process over 110 million litres of fresh quality island milk each year and employ over 250 staff. Our quality dairy products are found in kitchens and restaurants across PEI and Canada. ADL also provides dairy products to markets in the US, Asia and the Caribbean. The ADL brand name is one of the most recognizable on PEI. However, the majority of our products are found under retail labels or other commercial brands.
The person in this position performs administrative tasks to ensure all aspects of ADL’s inventory, production and warehouse processes are accurately recorded in the accounting system and works closely with Production, Sales and Warehouse. This person is a member of the Finance Team at ADL and reports to the Controller.
- Input daily production records to ensure proper accounting of inventory.
- Assist Warehouse Inventory staff in ensuring the inventory counts are completed accurately for annual audits and periodic cycle counts as required.
- Investigate variances between actual physical stock count and computerized balance so Inventory Management staff can adjust stock to the correct amount(s).
- Monitor the rotation and transfer of products within the computerized system.
- Verify quantities, enter incoming purchase orders and outgoing stock transfers in inventory control system.
- Assist Sales Department with coordinating returns if required, in conjunction with the Receiving Department.
- Enter/adjust credit notes daily. Work on stock levels to support Customer Services claims to correct possible stocking errors.
- Effectively communicate any inventory-related issues that will impact salespersons, the purchasing department or the financial department, and work with purchasing or warehousing when inventory variances are discovered.
- Reconcile pallet quantities, resolve issues and communicate with Warehouse & Logistics Manager to ensure inventory is accurate.
- Research lost product and pallet situations and update inventory control system.
- Perform other office duties, including data entry and verification of purchase orders, complete claims, fill out the daily receiving logs, match back-in stock reports, and generate various inventory reports.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in a related accounting field would be considered an asset.
- Computer training and experience with relevant software programs (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Possess a certificate in Business Administration (Accounting and/or Finance major is preferred) or extensive experience working in an inventory management environment.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm, Tuesday, May 29, 2018
Job Expires:May 29, 2018 4:00pm