Inventory Analyst – ADL Foodservice
Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953 ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to our Foodservice Team and has an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organization.
Our company’s success is driven by our dynamic, highly skilled, and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live on PEI and contribute to the local area’s economy and sense of community.
The primary responsibility of the Inventory Analyst is maintaining the integrity of the inventory for ADL Foodservice. This includes quality assurance checks, audits, cycle counts, returns management, inventory accuracy and the necessary follow-up and actions for correction of any errors. The Inventory Analyst performs their duties under the direction of the Foodservice Manager.
- Ensure inventory counts are completed accurately for annual audits and periodic cycle counts as required.
- Investigate (and track) variances between actual physical stock counts and computerized balance and adjust stock to actual and identify the cause of the variance.
- Perform inventory adjustments relating to customer product returns.
- Prepare month-end reports to be distributed to management relating to inventory adjustments made during the month, slow-moving stock, etc.
- Monitor slow-moving inventory (system reports) and ensure appropriate parties are informed to minimize any obsolete inventory and stock-outs.
- Process all receiving transactions in the operating system daily.
- Responsible for tracking and the rotation of products (including fresh and frozen) ensuring the condition of products in the assigned area is up to standard for sale. Ensure proper stock rotations to minimize obsolete inventory.
- Ensure ERP system transaction accuracy of all material movements and issues, including the locations where each product is stored.
- Assist Purchasing Department with coordinating returns, if required.
- Prepare reports such as inventory balance and shortages, as required.
- Adhere to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, as required.
- Other duties, as required.
- Experience in Supply Chain and Warehouse logistics
- An analytical mind and are good at problem solving
- Financial background/understanding of basic accounting principles
- Can work independently or part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively/convincingly at all levels
- Proven ability in analysis and interpretation of data
- Customer service focused
- ERP Experience is considered an asset
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Competition ends February 4, 2022, at 3:00 pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:February 4, 2022 3:00pm