Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-op with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. These plants process over 110 million litres of fresh quality island milk each year and employ over 250 staff. Our quality dairy products are found in kitchens and restaurants across PEI and Canada. ADL also provides dairy products to markets in the US, Asia and the Caribbean. The ADL brand name is one of the most recognizable on PEI. However, the majority of our products are found under retail labels or other commercial brands.
The primary responsibility of the Inventory Clerk is maintaining the integrity of the inventory data for ADL Foods, a division of ADL, including oversight of cycle/physical inventory counts as required. This includes quality assurance checks, audits, returns management, inventory accuracy, and the necessary follow-up and actions for correction of any errors or issues. The Inventory Clerk performs their duties under the direction of the Procurement Manager.
- Ensure inventory counts are completed accurately for annual audits and periodic cycle counts as required.
- Research variances between actual physical stock count and computerized balance and adjust stock to the correct amount(s).
- Process all receiving transactions in operating system on a daily basis.
- Monitor the rotation of products and ensure the condition of product in the assigned area is up to standard for sale.
- Ensure proper stock rotations to minimize obsolete inventory.
- Responsible for tracking and rotation of stock including fresh and frozen to reduce shrinkage.
- Ensure ERP system transaction accuracy of all material movements and issues.
- Assist Purchasing Department with coordinating returns if required, in conjunction with the Receiving Department.
- Prepare reports, such as inventory balance and shortages as required.
- Research lost product and pallet situations and update inventory system.
- Adhere to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as required.
- Other duties as required.
- 2 years of inventory control experience preferably in a multi-temperature food distribution environment.
- Experience with ERP software would be considered an asset.
- Ability to prioritize work and resolve issues with minimal assistance.
- Strong analytical and organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills with proven computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with cycle counting processes, location management, analyzing and resolving inventory discrepancies.
- Possess a Grade 12 or GED equivalent.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm, Friday, February 22, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Expires:February 22, 2019 4:00pm