Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited – Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors in PEI, with markets across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to our Finance team, which is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and progressive organization.
The Inventory Coordinator role is a part of the Finance team reporting directly to the Cost Controller. The position collaborates with members throughout the company to ensure inventory is reported accurately and report on various metrics monthly.
The primary responsibilities of this position are focused on ensuring the accuracy and valuation of both manufactured inventories along with packaging and ingredients for the company. The role analyzes various metrics to track inventory movement, aging, etc., for all divisions.
Salary: Starting at $49,500 (CAD) per year
- Provide inventory stock level and other reports for internal and external use
- Perform month-end duties for multiple divisions by confirming production, shipped, aging, and cut products are all accurately recorded. Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Perform pricing audits to ensure sales invoice(s) agree to system pricing/contracts, and review exception reports for pricing variances.
- Update the system with new or cancelled manufactured products and periodically upload costing and pricing changes during the year.
- Prepare monthly working papers summarizing packaging and ingredients from physical count sheets, and update costs where applicable.
- Analyze data to identify slow-moving inventory, excess quantities on hand, sell-through rates, etc.
- Monitor inventory values by the warehouse for insurance coverage requirements.
- Upload daily production into the system to ensure manufactured products are available for sale.
- Other duties as required
- Experience in manufacturing or food processing would be considered an asset.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple activities.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite software, and advanced capabilities in working with Excel
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Commerce.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- 2-5 years of Accounting or Inventory related experience
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Competition ends August 1, 2022 at 4pm
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:August 1, 2022 4:00pm