Inventory Coordinator – Maintenance
Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors in PEI, with markets across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to the Maintenance team, which is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and progressive organization.
The Inventory Coordinator role is a part of the Maintenance team reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager. The primary role of the Inventory Coordinator within the Maintenance department is to coordinate the maintenance inventory by looking after the purchasing and billing of parts. The incumbent will ensure appropriate inventory levels of stocked parts are addressed and issued to proper departments.
Wage rate: Starting at $22.00/hour
- Manage parts transactions:
- Receive parts and collect associated paperwork.
- Enter parts information in the maintenance system.
- Issue parts to work orders.
- Monitor stock levels and adjust as required.
- Reorder parts as needed.
- Correct shipping errors and returns.
- Collaborate with salespeople.
- Collate paperwork with invoices and prepare them for the account payables department.
- Store parts in the proper location and find a place for new items.
- Maintained parts bins in an orderly fashion.
- Prepare new work orders.
- Update MSDS binders.
- Pick up parts from various businesses.
- Restock supplies for cleaning staff:
- Check stock.
- Reorder as required, including employee uniforms.
- Complete all required paperwork neat, accurate, and timely in ink.
- Perform all duties safely and efficiently according to all relevant regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Complete all training programs as required by the company.
- Provide operational and safety training for employees as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Years of work-related experience (maintenance preferred)
- Computer software proficiency in relevant programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of inventory management applications and maintenance parts
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail is a must
- Experience working independently and with a team
- Working knowledge of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems preferred
- Experience working in a food processing environment is a plus
- Good mechanical skills and understanding are a plus
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Communicate effectively and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Self-starter and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or GED equivalent.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Competition ends September 9, 2022 at 4pm
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:September 9, 2022 4:00pm