Type: Full Time
Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-op with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. These plants process over 110 million litres of fresh quality island milk each year and employ over 250 staff. Our quality dairy products are found in kitchens and restaurants across PEI and Canada. ADL also provides dairy products to markets in the US, Asia and the Caribbean. The ADL brand name is one of the most recognizable on PEI. However, the majority of our products are found under retail labels or other commercial brands.
Job Summary: The primary responsibilities for this position include maintaining and balancing general ledger accounts, posting journal entries and various other financial reporting requirements, all in accordance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls. In addition to the primary responsibilities, the candidate should possess strong attention to detail, with the ability to analyze and assist in the development and implementation of improvements to current procedures. The successful candidate will possess strong analytical and problem-solving abilities along with excellent communications skills.
- Assist in the execution of compilation of working papers and review.
- Set up working paper files, assist with the completion of budgets and other administrative planning and completion aspects of accounting work.
- Perform the day-end, month-end and quarter-end close processes timely and accurately.
- Maintain, monitor and reconcile GL accounts, including but not limited to cash, bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued liabilities, inter-company and point of sale (POS)/system uploads.
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies, discuss with departmental teams and develop resolutions.
- Work with accounting software and provide support.
- Develop a thorough understanding of ADL’s services, businesses and industry.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes.
- Attend internal or external ADL courses to further develop accounting knowledge.
- 2-5 years of accounting-related experience with an understanding of payroll, bookkeeping and record keeping practices on a manual and computerized system(s).
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting software would be considered an asset.
- Possess a certificate in Business Administration (Accounting and/or Finance certificate is preferred).
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm, Friday, October 19, 2018.
Job Expires:October 19, 2018 4:00pm