Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to our Quality Assurance team and has an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and progressive organization.
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for testing ingredients and finished products to ensure correct composition and to identify any health or quality control issues that need to be corrected. The Laboratory Technician also participates in the Quality Assurance aspects of the job, including sample preparation, food production documentation and calibration of equipment. The Laboratory Technician is part of the Quality Assurance Team for ADL and works collaboratively with the Production Team.
- Perform microbiology analysis on all ADL products and record product, vat number, dates, cheese type, test type, age and size.
- Perform quality control tests in the laboratory as well as on-site, when necessary including swabbing of specific areas.
- Assist with testing and calibrating of laboratory equipment in preparation for specific tasks.
- Perform quality control tests on ingredients, completed products and product samples.
- Prepare samples prior to shipping them to customers.
- Follow all company policies and procedures to ensure product integrity and quality control.
- Analyze retrieved data and prepare reports for laboratory management.
- Recognize and report any food safety issues.
- Complete all required paperwork as per standard operating practices, accurately and on time.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner according to all relevant regulations, policies and procedures
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Laboratory experience in food manufacturing environment will be considered an asset.
- Capable of prioritizing tasks to meet goals and ensure product quality.
- Experience with relevant software programs (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Communicate effectively and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or GED equivalent.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Job Expires:June 8, 2020 3:00pm