Location: Summerside, PE
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for testing ingredients and finished products to ensure correct composition and to identify any health or quality control issues that need to be corrected. The Laboratory Technician also participates in the Quality Assurance aspects of the job, including sample preparation, food production documentation and calibration of equipment. The Laboratory Technician is part of the Quality Assurance Team for ADL and works collaboratively with the Production Team.
Wage rate: $20.46 / hour
- Perform chemical and microbiology analysis on all ADL products and record product, vat number, dates, cheese type, test type, age and size.
- Perform quality control tests in the laboratory and on-site, when necessary, including swabbing of specific areas.
- Assist with testing and calibrating laboratory equipment in preparation for specific tasks.
- Perform quality control tests on ingredients and complete products and product samples.
- Prepare samples before shipping them to customers.
- Follow all company policies and procedures to ensure product integrity and quality control.
- Analyze retrieved data and prepare reports for laboratory management.
- Recognize and report any food safety issues.
- Complete all required paperwork as per standard operating practices accurately and on time.
- Perform all duties safely and efficiently according to all relevant regulations, policies and procedures
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Laboratory experience in a food manufacturing environment will be considered an asset.
- Capable of prioritizing tasks to meet goals and ensure product quality.
- Experience with relevant software programs (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Communicate effectively and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or GED equivalent.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Competition ends August 25, 2022 at 4:00 pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:August 25, 2022 4:00pm