Type: Full time: 40 hrs per week - rotating days - Monday to Saturday
Location: 79 Water St. Summerside, PEI
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for testing ingredients and finished products to ensure correct composition and to identify any health or quality control issues that need to be corrected. Laboratory Technicians also participate in the Quality Assurance aspects of the job, including sample preparation, food production documentation and calibration of equipment. The Laboratory Technician is part of the Quality Control Team for ADL and works collaboratively with the Production Team.
- Perform microbiology analysis on all ADL products and record product, vat number, dates, cheese type, test type, age and size.
- Perform quality control tests in the lab as well as on-site when necessary.
- Assist with testing and calibrating lab equipment in preparation for specific tasks.
- Perform quality control tests on ingredients, completed products and product samples.
- Prepare samples prior to shipping them to customers.
- Follow all company policies and procedures to ensure product integrity and quality control.
- Analyze retrieved data and prepare reports for laboratory management.
- Recognize and report any food safety issues.
- Complete all required paperwork as per standard operating practices, accurately and on-time.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner according to all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
• Successful completion of Grade 12 or GED equivalent.
• Must have laboratory experience in food manufacturing environment.
• Capable of prioritizing tasks to meet goals and ensure product quality.
• Experience with relevant software programs (i.e. Word, Excel and email).
• Communicate effectively and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
• Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
• A University Degree in Food Sciences, Microbiology or a related discipline will be considered an asset.
Interested employees should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department by
4:00 pm, Thursday, August 9, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest.
However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Human Resources Department
Job Expires:August 9, 2018 4:00pm