Location: Summerside, PEI
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned, independent co-operative that operates dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. For 65 years, we have processed fresh milk from PEI farms to produce premium dairy products including milk, cheese, cream, butter and ice cream. Our quality dairy products are found in kitchens and restaurants across PEI and Canada. In addition, ADL produces dairy products for markets in the US, Asia and the Caribbean.
ADL is committed to the growth of the dairy industry in PEI, supporting co-operative values and developing our dairy business operations. To meet this commitment a strong team needs to be in place. We are looking for an exceptional person to contribute and build on the current successes within the ADL maintenance team.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Maintenance Manager utilizes previous experience, project management expertise, leadership abilities along with a preventative maintenance mindset to ensure five (5) processing facilities are maintained to meet and achieve all internal and external audits with reference to repairs, replacement and installation of new machinery. Specific duties include:
- The position works collaboratively with ADL facility management and quality assurance teams to support quality improvement initiatives, compliance with safe food handling standards, workplace health and safety initiatives and production interruption preparedness.
- Provides overall leadership and direction for our highly qualified Maintenance Department.
- Oversees short and long-term project plans for all maintenance shutdowns.
- Tracks plant downtime issues and builds a corrective action plan to prevent reoccurrence and or reduce downtime and ensures the plant’s uptime is at or above target.
- Participates in planning and recommending of capital projects as part of the site management team.
- Provides input for the creation of the yearly maintenance budget.
- Ensures equipment, facility and asset lists are kept up to date and maintains and monitors parts inventories and critical parts.
- Monitors maintenance staff completion of work orders and quality of repairs within ADL’s computerized maintenance program.
- Determines equipment “risk” and develops counter measures.
- Manages and maintains key maintenance inventory to ensure timely repairs to ensure efficiency standards.
- Ensures adherence to quality, OH&S and company standards including:
- Health & Safety programs
- Legislative requirements
- CFIA requirements
- Post-secondary education (P. Eng. or equivalent) and at least 5 years’ experience in a maintenance leadership role or a certified millwright with at least 5-10 years equivalent experience in a maintenance/engineering leadership role, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
- A Trade Certificate will be considered an asset.
- Experience managing a computerized maintenance system.
- Experience servicing and maintaining manufacturing equipment.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills combined with strong organizational skills.
- Flexible – Able to work well under pressure.
- Previous management leadership experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm, Wednesday, May 8, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Expires:May 8, 2019 11:00pm