Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors in PEI, with markets across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to our Maintenance Team. The Maintenance Technician position is an exciting opportunity to join our growing, dynamic, and progressive organization.
(Electrical Technologist, Millwright and/or Industrial Mechanic)
Location: ADL Water St., Summerside, Prince Edward Island
Hours: Currently, Maintenance staff are following a Flexed Work Week of 10-hour shifts, Monday to Thursday. As this position works days, the Industrial Mechanic will be responsible for off duty calls (will carry company pager) on a rotating basis, once every seven (7) weeks)
Wage rate: Wages will be established in line with the collective agreement and in recognition of trade certifications the employee has obtained.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Job Summary: Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Industrial Mechanic’s primary role is to help maintain all dairy related equipment, i.e., processing, packaging, and material handling equipment in good working order.
- Investigate process problems and recommend appropriate action. Assist in problem resolution and document results.
- Perform varied and complex work involving the inspection, maintenance, overhaul, modification, repair, testing and troubleshooting of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, and mechanical components.
- Interpret test results to diagnose malfunctions, planning troubleshooting procedures using schematics, diagrams, and technical manuals.
- Conduct all work per company policies, quality procedures, Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), customer specifications, and industry regulations. Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Work collaboratively with Quality Assurance to ensure Food Safety Compliance.
- Work closely with shift managers and supervisors as required to address maintenance issues or needs.
- Experience working in a maintenance role in the manufacturing setting is required.
- Familiarity with industrial installations, troubleshooting, and mechanical repairs
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in fabrication, including welding, machining and control wiring, and exposure to robotic applications, would be considered an asset.
- Previous maintenance experience in a HACCP/BRC-certified food or beverage processing environment would be considered an asset.
- A licensed millwright with electrical knowledge or an Electromechanical Technologist who desires hands-on work is preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the
Human Resources Department by 3:00 pm, November 28, 2022.
Job Expires:November 28, 2022 3:00pm