Maintenance Technician (Electrical Technologist, Millwright and/or Industrial Mechanic)
Type: Full Time
Location: ADL Water St, Summerside
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953 ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to our Maintenance Team with the Maintenance Technician position being an exciting opportunity to join our growing, dynamic and progressive organization.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Industrial Mechanic’s primary role is to help maintain all dairy related equipment, i.e., processing, packaging, and material handling equipment in good working order.
Hours: Monday to Friday (8-hour shifts – As this position works days, the Industrial Mechanic will be responsible for off duty calls (will carry company pager) on a rotating basis, once every five (5) weeks)
- Licensed millwright with electrical knowledge or an Electromechanical Technologist with a desire for hands on work is preferred.
- Experience working in a maintenance role in the manufacturing setting is required.
- Familiarity with industrial installations, troubleshooting and mechanical repairs.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in fabrication including welding, machining and control wiring as well as exposure to robotic applications would be considered an asset.
- Previous maintenance experience in a HACCP/BRC certified food or beverage processing environment would be considered an asset.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:00 pm, Monday May 3, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Expires:May 3, 2021 3:00pm