Type: Permanent / Full-time
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned, independent cooperative that operates dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. For 70 years, we have processed fresh milk from PEI farms to produce premium dairy products, including milk, cheese, cream, butter, and ice cream. Our quality dairy products are in kitchens and restaurants across PEI and Canada.
Join Our Team!
Are you ready to take the lead in the dynamic world of dairy product merchandising? We’re looking for a motivated and organized Merchandiser Supervisor to join our team at ADL. As a key player in our Fluid Milk Sales department, you’ll oversee the coordination of merchandising activities, ensuring our products are displayed optimally and our customers receive top-notch service.
As the Merchandiser Supervisor, you’ll be responsible for leading a team in the coordination of merchandising activities for ADL dairy products and affiliated items in major grocery stores and retailers across Charlottetown. Specific responsibilities are outlined below.
Wage Rate: Starts at $22.20 / hour with a comprehensive benefits package, including a co‐pay health and dental benefits plan, life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and a matching pension program. Overtime hours are available from time-to-time and paid at an appropriate rate.
- Assist stores with order placement for fresh dairy items.
- Assist in planning deliveries and modifying orders as needed.
- Ensure precise product placement, signage, and pricing.
- Implement FIFO rotation and conduct shelf cleaning.
- Remove short-dated products and coordinate driver pick-up.
- Provide leadership to a team of merchandisers covering 12 urban stores.
- Ensuring tasks are executed efficiently and in accordance with company standards.
- Foster strong relationships with Store and Department staff.
- Complete paperwork accurately and within deadlines.
- Administer merchandisers’ payroll and expense claims in ADP.
- Coordinate schedules and approve hours for merchandisers.
- Assist in activity planning and set performance expectations.
- Provide constructive feedback on performance.
- Check customer cooler conditions for temperature accuracy.
- A reliable mode of transportation for traveling between various retail stores in the area.
- Ability to work early mornings with Wednesday and Sunday as days off.
- Familiarity with HACCP standards and ability to work in a refrigerated environment.
- Experience in merchandising, with a preference for candidates who have experience in a supervisory role.
- Proven experience in DSD retail ordering, and inventory rotation.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, previous team management responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, including the ability to give constructive feedback.
- Detail-oriented with proficiency in paperwork and administrative tasks.
- Ability to work efficiently and safely in a retail environment, adhering to proper procedures.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Competition ends on November 13, 2023, 4:00PM
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:November 13, 2023 4:00pm