Process Operator (UF/RO) – 4th Class Power Engineer
Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors in PEI, with markets across Canada and globally.
ADL has an immediate opening for Membrane Processor to work with our Production Department in Summerside. The company is looking to add strength to its Production team. This training opportunity is exciting to join a dynamic and progressive organization.
Ensure that the conversion of cheese whey into whey protein concentrate is done according to required specifications. It is also to ensure that boilers are kept functional and operating properly.
Wage rate: Starting at $23.72/hr
- Responsible for filtering and shipping WPC (Whey Protein Concentrate) to ensure whey conversions are performed to the required specifications.
- Monitor and test boiler water and take appropriate actions to ensure rates are within acceptable measures.
- Perform preventative maintenance and ensure proper operation of the organization’s boilers, water systems, and related equipment to provide a safe, healthy, and comfortable working environment for all.
- Perform cleaning and inspection of all equipment during annual plant shutdown.
- Responsible for chemical distribution by checking all departments’ chemical needs and replenishing as needed.
- Operate the CIP (clean-in-place) system to clean all pipelines.
- Operate and maintain generators in the event of power failure.
- Maintain and monitor fire alarm systems.
- Complete all required paperwork in a neat, accurate, and timely manner.
- Perform start up visual inspection to ensure equipment, floors, ceilings, and overhead structures are clean and maintained to prevent contamination.
- Provide operational and safety training for employees as required.
- Other related duties as required.
- Previous experience in a HACCP certified food production setting would be an asset.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment which includes but not limited to noise, changing temperatures, standing/walking/bending/stooping/climbing stairs, maneuvering round manufacturing equipment constantly throughout the shift.
- Experience working with chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment, and following approved chemical handling procedures would be an asset.
- Communicate effectively and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Take direction and follow instructions accurately.
- Work well with peers and supervisor in team process.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Must possess a 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:November 14, 2022 4:00pm