Production Laborer (Temporary Position)
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Reports to: Milk Plant Production Manager
Wage rate: $20.76/hour
Job Summary: The primary role of the Production Laborer is to assist in the manufacturing of or packaging of canned milk to the required specifications.
- Safe and efficient operation of production equipment.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in detail without deviation.
- Follow all established GMP’s and Food Safety Requirements.
- Follow all established occupational health and safety procedures.
- Cross-training for several departments.
- Accurately and neatly complete production records and documents.
- Work collaboratively with co-workers and other department personnel.
- Other related duties as required.
- Previous experience in a HACCP certified food production setting is preferred.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment which includes but not limited to: noise, changing temperatures, standing/walking/bending/stooping/climbing stairs, maneuvering round manufacturing equipment consistently throughout the shift.
- Experience working with chemicals, wearing personal protective equipment, and following approved chemical handling procedures would be an asset.
- Physical lifting up to 50-lbs frequently throughout the shift
- Shift flexibility. Shift lengths up to 12 hours per day, mornings or afternoons, working weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the
HR Department by 12:00pm, Friday, August 5, 2022.
Job Expires:August 5, 2022 12:00pm