Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953 ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to our Foodservice Team and has an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organization.
The primary role of the Purchasing Agent is to control, monitor and replenish inventory for sale or internal use. The purchases are based on information given, sales in the past, as well as seasonality and promotions.
- Evaluate item requirements based on sales projections, seasonal trends, upcoming promotions, weekly sales, and current inventory levels to generate purchase orders factoring in vendor minimum order requirements, delivery schedules and lead-times.
- Compile information provided by sales department to address rising and falling trends.
- Source possible options for new items based on unique customer requirements while collaborating with sales and inventory departments to obtain the desired products.
- Maintain a good working relationship with Vendors, and sales team to ensure the customer is looked after.
- Purchase within guidelines established from various buying/selling programs to maximize financial returns.
- Ensure product is purchased for supplier promotions.
- Work with suppliers to source new products and communicate information internally regarding new products.
- Analyze trends, forecast sales using buyers reports and sales team information.
- Watch close-dated product that is seasonal.
- Use sales information to determine holiday, seasonal, promotional and other types of buying patterns.
- Communicate to the sales team any inventory-related issues such as shortages, slow moving items, account movement and new product opportunities.
- Have basic understanding of products to offer alternate options and/or substitutions and contribute to continuing SKU rationalization efforts.
- Monitor inventory activity for trends or disruptions in trends to determine cause and appropriate course of action in response.
- Maintain purchasing information, files and records (i.e., special order, products being discontinued, new products, out of date, close to best before dated, price changes, etc.) for the purpose of moving product quickly, as well as ensuring the availability of documentation.
- Two (2) years relevant work experience is preferred.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or similar discipline is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex information.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and industry software is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Interested Candidates can apply by Clicking Here to begin our application process
Competition ends Thursday, April 21, 2022 at 4:00 pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:April 21, 2022 4:00pm