Location: Summerside, PEI
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953 ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to our Purchasing Team and has an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organization.
The Purchasing Associate reports directly to the Corporate Purchasing Manager and will perform various tasks to support ADL in sourcing materials & supplies for production, issuing and tracking purchase orders and maintain accurate records. This position requires a well-organized and self-motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong ability to prioritize workload independently.
- Interact with internal/external customers to ensure high quality customer service
- Reviews requisition orders for accuracy and verifies stock availability
- Create purchase orders and change orders as required.
- Obtains price quotes from catalogues and/or suppliers
- Charges or forwards invoices to appropriate accounts
- Maintain the purchasing database.
- Resolves delivery and other problems with suppliers
- Prepares and maintains purchasing files, reports and records
- Support digital journey to automate purchasing functions
- Providing innovative new ideas to make process improvement
- 2 years relevant work experience is preferred.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or similar discipline is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex information.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and industry software is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department
Competition ends June 12, 2022 at 4:00 pm
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:June 12, 2022 4:00pm