Location: Summerside, PE - ADL Foods
Retail Supervisor – Permanent – Full Time
Amalgamated Dairies Limited – Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors in PEI, with markets across Canada and globally.
Our ADL Foodservice is looking for a Retail Supervisor to manage daily operations and drive profitability at our ADL Store. If you have a proven track record in customer service and inventory management, we want to hear from you. Check out the posting below and apply now to join our team.
Reporting to the Food Service Manager, the Retail Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the ADL Store, including achieving business and financial results established for this area. The position will be responsible for planning and directing all retail outlet operations to ensure customers have an incredible shopping experience. The Retail Supervisor’s responsibilities include merchandising and managing the retail outlet inventory levels, collaborating with onsite staff and vendors, training staff, and implementing safety policies.
Location: ADL Foods, 400 Read Dr, Summerside, PE
Salary Range: $44,000 – $46,000 / year depending on candidate’s experience.
It includes a comprehensive benefits package including a co‐pay health and dental benefits plan, life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and a matching pension program.
- Oversee the daily operations of the ADL Store to meet store goals.
- Provide direction and guidance to retail staff and assign daily schedules to the team.
- Follow and enforce store policies, security measures, and customer service standards.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Develop a positive shopping experience and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Perform inventory control to avoid overstock and low stock.
- Manage product storage and rotation activities to reduce shrinkage.
- Ensure that retail refrigeration shelves are maintained clean and organized, ensuring FIFO principles are followed.
- Set up product displays at the store entrance and other sections according to merchandising standards.
- Develop process improvements to maximize sales and profitability.
- Educate staff about safety and sanitation procedures. Maintain an appealing and safe store.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with vendors.
- Strong background in customer service/customer experience required.
- Strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Considerable experience in managing customer service situations.
- Experience using Microsoft Office computer software.
- Inventory Management Software experience would be considered an asset.
- Extensive experience with POS systems, specifically Shopify, is considered an asset.
- Solid understanding of social media and E-Commerce
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, along with excellent listening skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the
Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm, March 3, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:March 3, 2023 4:00pm