Type: Seasonal / Full-Time
Location: Summerside, PE - ADL Foods
Seasonal Heavy Laborer – Shipping/Receiving
Amalgamated Dairies Limited Foods Division – Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953 ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to our Foodservice Team and has an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organization.
The primary role of the Heavy Labourer – Shipping/Receiving in the Warehouse is to receive and confirm inbound purchases, load, and unload trucks, put product away, pick orders, keep warehouse tidy and ship product as required.
Wage Rate: $21.59 / hour
Term: Start mid/late March until mid/late October
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:00AM – 4:30PM
- Perform general physical activities to load, unload, sort, and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of shipment.
- Perform tasks in multi-temperature environments.
- Verify condition of product when received.
- Maintain warehouse.
- Complete all required paperwork.
- A considerable experience in a warehouse position.
- Must be dependable and can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to remain attentive to details.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Forklift certification an asset.
- Fall Arrest certification an asset.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Competition ends March 9, 2023, at 4:00 pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:March 9, 2023 4:00pm