Type: Permanent / Full-time
Location: Summerside, PE
Shift Supervisor – Full-time Permanent
Amalgamated Dairies Limited – ADL Water St., Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned, independent cooperative that operates dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. For 70 years, we have processed fresh milk from PEI farms to produce premium dairy products, including milk, cheese, cream, butter, and ice cream. Our quality dairy products are in kitchens and restaurants across PEI and Canada.
Join Our Team!
Are you dedicated to ensuring safe and efficient production with high-quality standards? Do you thrive in a dynamic work environment? If you possess experience in supervisory roles and are committed to operational excellence, we invite you to explore the exciting opportunity below and become an integral part of our collaborative team.
Compensation and Benefits:
Elevate your career with a competitive annual salary, based on years of experience and training. Enjoy comprehensive medical benefits covering co-pay health, dental, and vision, alongside life and disability insurance. Secure your financial future with a pension plan featuring employer contribution. Experience a healthy work-life balance with paid time off and invest in your career through ongoing professional development opportunities. Benefit from an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) supporting your overall well-being. Additionally, access exclusive discounts, adding extra value to your work experience. Embrace the chance to choose local and thrive together with pride. Join ADL, proudly owned and supported by 100% local island dairy farmers.
The Production Shift Supervisor plays a vital role in guiding and supporting our production staff. Responsibilities include ensuring safe and high-quality operations to meet customer needs. This involves monitoring crew efforts, maintaining a positive working environment, and promoting health and safety. As a key team member, the supervisor ensures understanding of SOPs for quality control and efficient workflow. Ready to be a driving force in our commitment to excellence? Take the next step and join our dynamic team today!
- Facilitate and lead Daily Review meetings on the production floor.
- Monitor staff activities to ensure a safe and fair work environment.
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule activities on a per-shift basis for production, including both packaging and processing.
- Provide support for onboarding new staff, coordinating training partners, and monitoring trainee performance.
- Review and effectively communicate production daily worksheets per shift.
- Collaborate with Milk Receiving staff and Cheesemaker on monitoring milk internal controls to ensure smooth production flow within the plant, meeting output requirements.
- Ensure quality control by verifying production requirements, maintaining inventory oversight, and reviewing packing lists per shift.
- Complete near-miss reporting for quality and safety infractions.
- Assist Production Supervisors with inventory procedures.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
- Several years of experience in the food, beverage, or associated products processing industry is required.
- Proven track record of promoting health and safety in the workplace.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain an efficient, hygienic, and positive working environment.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a team player.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication, with strong computer skills (Excel, Word, and email).
- Ability to work rotating shifts, including days and nights, with 12-hour shifts.
- Experience in supervising in a unionized environment is considered an asset.
- Previous training in HACCP and other food safety regulations is considered an asset.
Interested candidates should submit their application to the Human Resources Department at:
Competition ends February 7, 2024, 4:00PM
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:February 7, 2024 4:00pm