Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953 ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to our Cheese Manufacturing Production Team and has an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organization.
The Production Shift Supervisor, on a per shift basis, is responsible for assisting in the guidance of and training of production staff within ADL’s cheese productions areas. The role ensures the plant operates safely and efficiently to produce cheese products that meet the needs of customers and adhere to high quality standards of ADL. Monitoring by shift, the crews’ efforts to maintain an efficient, hygienic, and positive working environment while promoting health and safety in the workplace. As a key member in the production team, the production shift supervisor ensures production staff understand ADL’ s standard operating procedures (SOP) to help ensure quality control and efficient workflow within their areas of control.
- Participate and lead on the production floor Daily Review meetings
- Monitor staff activities to ensure and safe and fair work environment
- Supervising, coordinating, and scheduling the activities on a per shift basis, for cheese production and cheese packaging
- Provide support to the Onboarding of new staff, coordinating training partners and following up on the trainee’s performance.
- Review and communicate Cheese Production daily work sheets per shift
- Work with on shift Milk Receiving staff and Cheese maker to monitoring milk internal controls for Milk flow within the cheese plant to meeting productions output requirements.
- Ensuring quality control of staff by verifying production requirements, monitoring inventory, and packing lists per shift.
- Complete near miss reporting for Quality and safety infractions
- Assist Production Supervisors with all cheese inventory procedures
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is required
- Several years of experience working in the food, beverage or an associated products processing industry is required.
- Experience supervising in a unionized environment would be considered and asset
- Demonstrated ability in creating and maintaining an efficient, hygienic, and positive working environment
- Demonstrated track record of promoting a health and safety in the workplace
- Display good work ethic, resourcefulness, and organization skills.
- Good verbal, written and computer skills (excel, word, and email), leadership skills, and a team player.
- Previous training in HACCP and other food safety regulations would be considered an asset
Interested candidates should submit their application to the Human Resources Department by completing our Talent Sorter Questionnaire at:
Competition ends January 23, 2023, 4:30PM
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:January 23, 2023 4:30pm