Location: Charlottetown, PE - ADL West Royalty
Shipper/Receiver – Permanent/Full-time Position
ADL West Royalty, Charlottetown, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of PEI’s largest food processors, with markets across Canada and globally. The company is looking to strengthen its Shipping and Receiving Team and has an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organization.
The primary role of the Shipper/Receiver is to put away, organize and prepare milk and other products made and carried in the plant for distribution. In addition, this position is responsible for controlling products going into and out of the warehouse.
Wage Rate: $22.38 / hour
It includes a comprehensive benefits package, including a co‐pay health and dental benefits plan, life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and a matching pension program.
- Pick orders and prepare loads for delivery trucks.
- Unload delivery trucks.
- Put fresh milk product away/rotate milk.
- Receive product from other plants/companies.
- Order products from different companies.
- Minimum of grade twelve or equivalent.
- Previous shipping/receiving experience is required.
- Computer skills required (working with an Inventory Control Software package).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
- Must be willing and able to take and pass work related courses and/or training and apply the learned knowledge and principles day to day.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills (preparing bills of lading, other shipping documents and ordering).
- Must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the position.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as business requires.
- Must be willing to participate as a team member.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain WHMIS and TDG certification.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain Pallet Jack/Walkie certification.
- Must demonstrate skills in organization, housekeeping, and attention to detail.
- Must perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner according to all relevant regulations, policies, and procedures.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Competition ends August 15, 2023, at 4:00PM
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:August 15, 2023 4:00pm