Location: Charlottetown, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to its Shipping and Receiving Team and has an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organization.
The primary role of the Shipper/Receiver is to put away, organize and prepare milk and other products made and carried in the plant for distribution. In addition, this position is responsible for the control of product going into and out of the warehouse.
- Pick orders and prepare loads for delivery trucks.
- Unload delivery trucks.
- Put fresh milk product away/rotate milk.
- Receive product from other plants/companies.
- Order products from different companies.
- Previous shipping/receiving experience is required.
- Computer skills required (working with an Inventory Control Software package).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
- Must be willing and able to take and pass work related courses and/or training and apply the learned knowledge and principles day to day.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills (preparing bills of lading, other shipping documents and ordering).
- Must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the position.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as business requires.
- Must be willing to participate as a team member.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain WHMIS and TDG certification.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain Pallet Jack/Walkie/Forklift certification.
- Must perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner according to all relevant regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Minimum of grade twelve or equivalent.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Competition ends 3:00 pm, Thursday May 27, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:May 27, 2021 3:00pm