Location: Summerside, PEI
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953 ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to our Finance team and this is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and progressive organization
The staff accountant role is a part of the Finance team reporting directly to the Cost Controller. The position collaborates with members of the Finance team to ensure financial reporting is done accurately and on a timely basis.
The primary responsibilities for this position include maintaining and balancing general ledger accounts, posting journal entries, maintaining monthly working papers, and various other financial reporting requirements, all in accordance with established accounting standards, procedures, and internal controls. In addition to the primary responsibilities, the candidate should possess strong attention to detail, with the ability to analyze and assist in the development and implementation of improvements to current processes. The successful candidate will possess strong analytical, problem-solving abilities, and excellent communications skills.
- Support timely month-end financial close by preparing working papers and assisting in financial statement preparation.
- Complete monthly or quarterly filing of third-party compliance reporting.
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations, verify accuracy of data, and resolve any discrepancies.
- Record appropriate general ledger coding on invoices, to assist in the processing of accounts payable and accuracy of financial statement reports.
- Prepare special financial reports as requested, by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Enhance business processes and identify opportunities for improved efficiency and support their implementation.
- Active participant for the year-end close process and a resource throughout the annual audit.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Commerce; a specialization in accounting is preferred.
- 2-5 years of accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in manufacturing or food processing would be considered an asset.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple activities.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite software, and advanced capabilities in working with excel.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department.
Competition ends March 29, 2022 at 4pm
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:March 29, 2022 4:00pm