Summer Student Job Opportunity
Type: Seasonal / Full Time
Location: Summerside, PE
Opportunities start as early was mid-May and end in late August, providing students the chance to enjoy steady, consistent employment throughout the entirety of their summer break.
As a company, Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is 100% owned by Prince Edward Island’s dairy farmers. We are a farmer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail foodservice distribution facilities throughout PEI. Working for ADL means working in direct support of PEI’s dairy industry.
Founded in 1953, ADL has over 65 years of providing Islanders with diverse and meaningful employment. ADL is one of the largest food processors in the province with markets located across Canada and the world. ADL is pleased to offer students chance to gain experience with respect to the agriculture/dairy industry, food production, customer service, inventory management, warehouse logistics, and more
Summer Jobs Details:
ADL has summer work opportunities in the following areas: Driver helper for ADL’s Wholesale Food and Fluid Milk Divisions, Cheese Packaging, Cheese Production and Warehouse support.
ADL has been providing excellent work experiences for students for many years, with many students returning year after year. We offer competitive wages, guaranteed 40 hrs/work weeks and excellent training.
- Cheese Production: working with existing teams assisting with production cycles and clean up. Student workers will be provided training in both production and packaging areas.
- Driver helpers: Provide Driver support for Ice Cream and fluid milk or Driver support in for wholesale food orders to restaurants and businesses across PEI. with the day-end, month-end and quarter-end close processes to ensure completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Warehouse Support: Restocking (rotate) inventory in the ADL store as well as provide front of house support for wholesale pick up orders.
- Some heavy lifting may be required (up to 50 lb).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work extended hours.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be dependable and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Interested candidates should submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
Applications will be reviewed, and interviews will be arranged as soon as possible.
Job Expires:April 4, 2022 4:00pm