TEMPORARY Light Laborer
Type: Full-time - Temporary
Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited – Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned, independent cooperative that operates dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. For 70 years, we have processed fresh milk from PEI farms to produce premium dairy products, including milk, cheese, cream, butter, and ice cream. Our quality dairy products are in kitchens and restaurants across PEI and Canada. In addition, ADL produces dairy products for markets in the US, Asia, and the Caribbean.
The primary role of the Light Laborer in the ADL Packaging area is to package cheese according to required specifications.
NOTE: This position is a temporary role intended for maternity leave coverage.
Location: ADL Water St., Summerside, PE
Wage Rate: $18.64 – $20.71 / hour
- Set up production area and equipment for daily packaging operations, including box-making equipment.
- Create and assemble boxes to required specifications, ensuring they are sturdy and suitable for product packaging.
- Package and seal various cheese products, maintaining accurate weights and labeling.
- Conduct regular quality checks, including metal detection, to ensure product integrity.
- Clean and sanitize workstations, equipment, and utensils at the end of each shift and day.
- Complete all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform start-up visual inspections to maintain a clean and contamination-free environment.
- Comply with all safety protocols and company policies, ensuring a safe working environment.
- Assist in providing operational and safety training to new employees.
- Participate in ongoing training programs to enhance skills and knowledge.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience in a HACCP certified food production setting is preferred.
- Previous experience in box making and packaging for food production is preferred.
- Ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict quality and safety standards.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and meeting production deadlines.
- Communication and teamwork abilities.
Interested candidates should submit their application to the Human Resources Department by sending their resumes at:
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we greatly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:August 4, 2023 4:00pm