Temporary (Seasonal) Truck Driver- ADL FOODS
Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. ADL is pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to join a growing, dynamic and progressive organization.
The primary role of the Truck Driver is to deliver ADL products to Food Service Customers as well as transporting goods to and from customer locations across Prince Edward Island.
- Work with Warehouse & Logistics Manager to establish efficient daily delivery route.
- Load each daily order based on delivery route and unload truck at the end of
- Use of hand cart as part of delivering products is required.
- As per ADL Foods Customer Return Policy ADL Food Drivers are to:
- Complete ADL documentation for returns.
- Properly document return reason codes in conjunction with warehouse staff.
- Ensure all required documents (invoices, pick-up requests for both customers and suppliers) are completed and returned to ADL Foods daily.
- Ensure signatures on customer invoices are obtained for delivered product.
- Responsible to collect and for the safe keeping of cheque / cash payments as required and complete driver cash sheets after each day.
- Ensure log books are completed properly each day.
- Create a safe work environment by ensuring truck and trailer checks are done as required and both are in good working order.
- Ensure scheduled preventive maintenance is carried out on truck and trailer as required.
- Ensure proper refer temperature is set based on the product.
- Ensure additional blankets are being used for more temperature sensitive products as required.
- Other related duties as required.
- 2 years of commercial truck driving experience is preferred.
- Customer service experience.
- Previous delivery experience.
- Good writing and communication skills required.
- Must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the Some heavy lifting required. Use of hand cart as part of delivering products is required.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Class 1A driver’s license required.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm, February 19, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Job Expires:February 19, 2020 4:00pm