Location: Summerside, PE / Charlottetown, PE
Transportation Manager – Permanent – Full Time
Summerside, PE / Charlottetown, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors in PEI, with markets across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to our Fluid Milk Divisions team, which is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and progressive organization.
The Transportation Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient and timely delivery of ADL products to customers by our Driver Sales Teams. The successful candidate will supervise all or some aspects of transportation operations while ensuring continuous improvement in operational performance, safety, quality, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement.
Please note: This position oversees Fluid Milk transportation operations for two locations: ADL West Royalty (Charlottetown) and ADL St. Eleonor’s (Summerside).
- Oversee the department’s operational and financial aspects. Work with sales, warehouse, and fleet departments to guarantee timely, accurate, and efficient deliveries, upholding ADL’s commitment to superior customer service.
- Create and implement routines, policies, and standard operating procedures for the transportation teams.
- Plan, execute, and continually improve the day-to-day operations, encompassing fleet management, route planning, and coordination of on-road delivery operations
- Develop strategic planning and forecasting; evaluate volumes and capacity, resolve problems, and address resource gaps
- Manage, train, and develop Driver Sales and Delivery Support teams. Educate, solve issues, and promote honest communication.
- Drive engagement, development, and retention by connecting the team to ADL’s vision, direction, goals, and expectations through participation in department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and continuous feedback.
- Support and develop the performance of the transportation team through performance reviews, corrective action, KPI monitoring, health & safety compliance, and customer service benchmarks
- Ensure the accuracy of timecards, vacation approvals, and scheduling of direct reports.
- Address and respond to customer needs, including product/delivery inquiries, concerns, and unique customer conditions like vehicle constraints, dock issues, and other similar matters.
- Ensure the safety and quality of all products as they relate to HAACP requirements.
- Work directly with management and cross-functional team members to properly execute company objectives and project timelines
- Cultivate and sustain a culture of safety, positivity, inclusion, and excellence
- Validate fleet health and maintenance schedules
- Assist, along with Fleet Maintenance, to oversee and ensure compliance with all government regulations relating to transportation and safety.
- Coordinate with HR Manager to develop training content, assessments, tracking to ensure quality and compliance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Considerable leadership experience in supply chain, transportation, or fulfillment companies
- Considerable direct management experience of employees
- Intermediate computer skills (Excel, Word, & Outlook) and ease to master new computers applications
- Understanding of regulatory compliance standards, OH&S standards, and experience tracking and reporting KPIs
- Excellent ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with a team, clients, and internal managers
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills
- Experience with operational performance management such as route efficiency, safety, and on time deliveries would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of fleet management and vehicle preventative maintenance would be considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in Operations Management, Logistics, or Supply Chain is preferred
Submit your application by clicking the link below:
Competition ends October 26, 2022 at 4pm
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:October 26, 2022 4:00pm