Truck Driver – Fluid Milk (ADL St. Eleanor’s)
Type: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer-owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953, ADL is one of the largest food processors in PEI, with markets across Canada and globally. ADL is looking to add strength to its Driver Fleet and has exciting an opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organization.
Setting: Warehouse and on the Road
Location: ADL St. Eleanor’s, Summerside, PE
Wage Rate:$24.00 / hour with a comprehensive benefits package and matching pension program
The primary role of the Truck Driver is to deliver milk to major retailers, transport milk, and other products to and from various ADL locations on the island, and assemble preorders.
- Load and unload the truck.
- Use a handheld device.
- Ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and promptly.
- Create a safe work environment by ensuring truck and trailer checks are done as
required, and both are maintained and cleaned.
- Ensure scheduled preventive maintenance is carried out on the truck and trailer.
- Monitor reefer temperature for the food safety program.
- Assemble customer orders.
- Clean empty pallets.
- Other related duties as required.
- Class 1A driver’s license is required
- 3 years of commercial truck driving experience is required
- Have held a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 9 years.
- Previous delivery experience required.
- Customer service experience required.
- Good writing and communication skills are required.
- Must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the position.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and driver’s abstract (Dated within the last three months)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:May 31, 2023 4:00pm