Truck Driver – Foodservice (ADL Foods)
Location: Summerside, PE - ADL Foods
Amalgamated Dairies Limited Foods Division – Summerside, PE
Amalgamated Dairies Limited (ADL) is a producer owned co-operative with dairy processing and retail food distribution facilities throughout PEI. Founded in 1953 ADL is one of the largest food processors on PEI with markets located across Canada and globally. The company is looking to add strength to our Foodservice Team and has an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organization.
The primary role of the Truck Driver is to deliver ADL products to Food Service Customers, as well as transporting goods to and from customer locations across Prince Edward Island.
Wage Rate: $25.55 / hour
It includes a comprehensive benefits package, including a co‐pay health and dental benefits plan, life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and a matching pension program.
- Work with Warehouse & Logistics Manager to establish efficient daily delivery route.
- Load each daily order based on delivery route and unload truck at the end of route.
- Use of hand cart as part of delivering products is required.
- As per ADL Foods Customer Return Policy ADL Food Drivers are to:
- Complete ADL documentation for returns.
- Properly document return reason codes in conjunction with warehouse staff.
- Ensure all required documents (invoices, pick-up requests for both customers and suppliers) are completed and returned to ADL Foods daily.
- Ensure signatures on customer invoices are obtained for delivered product.
- Responsible to collect and for the safe keeping of cheque / cash payments as required and complete diver cash sheets after each day.
- Ensure logbooks are completed properly each day.
- Create a safe work environment by ensuring truck and trailer checks are done as required and both are in good working order.
- Ensure scheduled preventive maintenance is carried out on truck and trailer as required.
- Ensure proper refer temperature is set based on the product.
- Ensure additional blankets are being used for more temperature sensitive products as required.
- Other related duties as required.
- Class 1A driver’s license required.
- Three (3) years of commercial truck driving experience is required.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Customer service experience required.
- Previous delivery experience required.
- Good writing and communication skills required.
- Must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the position. Some heavy lifting required. Use of hand cart as part of delivering products is required.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and driver’s abstract (Dated within the last three months)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
ADL is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Expires:May 31, 2023 4:00pm